Thursday, August 21, 2014

One Last Visit


Even though move-in day was only 4 days away, Mom and I decided to venture to Cal one last time.

We drove in to Berkeley through the rush hour traffic of a Tuesday morning in the Bay Area, but survived the constant stop and start by jamming to music and taking selfies.

When we finally made it into Berkeley, we decided to take BART. It was the first time I've ridden BART, so I was grateful I had my trusty mom to help me navigate it. She lived in the Bay when she was a wee adult (and even graduated from Cal as well!), so I felt secure in her hands.

After BART, we walked around and decided to stop at Top Dog, a Berkeley favorite for lunch.

Obviously, visiting my dorm was a must, so we popped our heads into the Unit 1 complex, and snapped a shot in front of my building's sign.

I was really eager to check out some of the sorority houses I will potentially be a part of next year, so we stopped by Chi Omega...

And then we saw Tri Delta, and even got to hear the girls practice their initiation song, but got shooed away when they found out I was rushing this Fall!

As we made our way from the outer skirts of the campus where all of the sorority houses are down to the center of campus, we saw some cool Cal embossed scooters.

And a lovely view of the Golden Gate.

And mom say "Hallelujah" when we finally reached a restroom.

Finally, we made it to the campus, and paid a visit to the Campanile.


We deemed it necessary to check out the Valley Life Science Building, where my Nutritional Science class will be held. More fun facts and pictures from the inside of Valley Life Science coming your way soon!

We met with the good ol' football coach. Simply charming.

Posts on moving in, sorority recruitment, Caltopia, and my first classes are coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I like the voice and the balance of images and texts. Go job. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete